Wednesday, September 7, 2016

FYI- 4 AM DIY Lip Stain...yeah... that didn't work.

So, I've been bombarded lately in Facebook by invites to these "Lipsense" parties. Now, I love makeup and lipstick as much as the next girl but the thought if spending $55 for one lipstick is crazy!
Last night while I was awake nursing my son, I had an idea. You know those water flavor concentrate things? Every time I drink one of those my lips get stained whatever color I was just drinking. So what if I just applied it directly to my lips, let it dry then licked it off? That should work right? So the next morning I pulled out the Hawaiian punch concentrate and with a lip brush I applied it to my lips. The color was awesome. The taste was delicious but the end result... well... my bottom lip stayed nice and red for a good few hours but my top lip really only stained the bottom soft part that is just inside my mouth. Bummer. I had such high hopes.
I'm not defeated yet though. I have plans to experiment with a homemade lip balm made with the same stuff, maybe it'll stain if it's in a carrier. But! That's a project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment